Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Language and perspective shape the way we live



First of all shout out to The 1975 for having such amazing opening acts. In April I was given the opportunity to see them, Bad Suns, and Sir Sly all thanks to my friend Sarah. I never expect much from opening acts and had no time to even search these two before the show. When Sir Sly hit the stage I was immediately drawn to their dark sound, very very similar to The Neighbourhood. I recommend their song "Ghosts" for anyone who wants to give them a chance. So after them came Bad Suns and they started off with this extremely catchy upbeat song which will win over anyone really. As their set went on I began to fall in love with their sound. Their new album that just came out, Language and Perspective, is amazing all the way through and I only have a few albums I can truly say that about. The music is very simple, which I like. The songs are total summer tracks I find myself listening to nonstop (all I listened to in Hawaii.) Some of my favorites include Pretend, Transpose, and Dancing on Quicksand. I highly recommend you check out Bad Suns if you like simplistic summery music, I guarantee you these guys are truly something.

No comments:

Post a Comment